It’s worth a trip to the station just to see the lovely Remembrance display by Goostrey School…see photos below.
…and now there is an electronic display of train times too (don’t mention Saturdays); fortunately the chap who’d fitted it was still there when the photographs were taken – as it was reading a fault immediately after he’d packed up!
The lovely old Station Building was being closely inspected today; presumably work to restore the exterior is imminent following the £40,000 grant to Network Rail from the Heritage Railway Trust….great news! The station opened on 1st Sept 1891, initially with buildings on both side. The remaining Victorian modular railway building is of a type built between 1860 and 1920 and only a handful remain according to The London Midland Railway Society.