It’s fair to say that we’ve all been disappointed with the fun events that have had to be cancelled this year, perhaps most notably our annual Goostrey Rose Day festival. However, one of the keys to getting through this situation with our sanity intact, is to focus on what we can do and that is why we’re proud to announce the launch of the 2020 Goostrey Scarecrow Competition – with over £200 of prizes to be won!
The village has run scarecrow competitions before and it seems like the perfect time for it to make a return, as we all search for things to do at home and things to enliven our walks around the village. So what are you waiting for? The prize fund already stands at over £200 and is being added to all the time so get creating!
Competition rules are as follows:
- The competition is open from today (13/4/2020) and entries can be submitted until May 24th 2020.
- There will then follow one week of public voting which will close at midnight on May 31st 2020. Winners will be announced Monday 1st June 2020.
- Entries will be visible via www.lovegoostrey.com/scarecrows and Love Goostrey’s page on Facebook www.facebook.com/lovegoostrey (make sure you’re following us!)
- Make sure you subscribe to Love Goostrey for new posts – see the form below to subscribe!
- One entry per household
- Your scarecrow must be clearly visible from the pavement until the end of the competition.
- All scarecrows must have a PG rating!
- To enter you must live within a 2.5 mile radius of Goostrey Post Office (see qualifying map here)
- The main prize will be chosen by a public vote. Additional prizes will be offered by local businesses – if your business would like to offer a prize and select a winner then please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Love Goostrey reserves all rights, including the right to refuse entry.
- All participants agree to abide by all health and safety advice from the NHS and government regarding social distancing and correct hygiene.
How do you enter? It’s simple!
- Make your scarecrow! Tips on how to make one can be found here and there’s useful advice about how to make one without needing straw here.
- Take some great photos of your scarecrow and send it over to us – you can submit up to three photos of your scarecrow. Don’t forget your name/scarecrow name/photos/address and telephone.
- Get out and spot the other scarecrows. From May 24th check out Love Goostrey’s Facebook page and the Love Goostrey Scarecrow page to vote for your favourites!
What can you win?
The Love Goostrey Scarecrow Competition is mostly about having fun but that doesn’t mean there aren’t prizes to win. We’ve started the prize fund off with a £200 cash prize and as local businesses and organisations offer other prizes we’ll add to them here.
- Speedy Gonzalez Prize – 2 x £20 Amazon Vouchers for the first two scarecrows to be made and displayed! Donated by Love Goostrey.
Don’t forget to follow us on Facebook and add your email below for all the latest news from Love Goostrey.