Cheshire East Council is paving the way for submission of its Local Plan and has revealed the strategic sites and planning policies within it before it passes through the final stages of strategic planning board and full council.
The Local Plan document is due to go before the Strategic Planning Board on Wednesday, September 26 after which it will be put before full Council on Friday, September 28. The Local Plan document will require ratification from both committees prior to a final period for representations and submissions to the Planning Inspectorate.
The Local Plan for south of the borough
Major proposals for south of the borough include:
- Regeneration of Crewe as a major focus for growth and development with new jobs and homes while planning for a greener healthier urban environment.
- A proposed expansion of the green belt to ensure that Crewe and Nantwich remain as distinctive and separate settlements.
- Major business park proposed at junction 17 in Sandbach.
- Significant extension of employment areas in Middlewich.
- Sustainable urban extensions in Nantwich, Alsager, Middlewich and Sandbach.
The Local Plan for north of the borough
Major proposal for north of the borough include:
- A sustainable new community east of Handforth.
- Major new employment and housing development north of Congleton aligned with a new proposed link road.
- Selective review of the green belt while making best use of brown field land in urban areas.
- Some expansion of building on the outskirts of Macclesfield in addition to redevelopment within the town.
- Provision of additional housing, employment and community facilities in Wilmslow and Knutsford.
Council to decide on final Local Plan Blueprint, CEC 20th February 2014