Do you need a kick start to motivate yourself during these uncertain times? It can become very easy to forget about fitness and maintain a well balanced diet, maintain wellbeing and emotions. so I have come up with some motivational tips, for anyone that needs a healthy boost:
- Exercise – take a walk to reduce stress and clear the mind, and get that all important sunlight
- Eat Healthily – make home-made soups or smoothies, and eat plenty of other fruit and vegetables
- Declutter – January is a great time to go through things that are no longer needed. The time this takes will occupy your mind, and make the days go quicker.
- Curl up with a good book and – take advantage of the long nights, and short days. Cheshire East Libraries have just started an ‘Order and Collect’ service, where they select 8 books for you, based on your preferences: https://www.cheshireeast.gov.uk/libraries/nearest_library/macclesfield_library/macclesfield_library.aspx
- Get organised – take a look at your bank statements and see where you can make savings, cancel all those direct debits, and standing orders for services you no longer use. If you have a few, set up another direct debit, and pay it to a savings account. Then this can be used for a holiday, when we’re able to travel.
Every Thursday LoveGoostrey, will have a recipe of the week post from local resident caterer, Karen Brooke, so keep an eye out for the first one this Thursday!