A friend of mine sent me this link from friends in Birmingham if you would like to participate in some reflections this Holy Week. These are separate emblems of Holy Week in individual videos.
Church is open for you to come and share in reflection and peace during this special week.
Outside church uses symbols to display the events during Holy Week:
- The white towel – as Jesus washed his disciples’ feet at the Last Supper, his servant heart
- Bread and Wine – symbolising Christ’s body and blood to be shed on the cross and to be remembered through Holy Communio
- Rope – symbolising the suffering Christ underwent
- Purple Robe – symbolising Christ’s Kingship, and the way he was mocked as king
- Crown of Thorns – symbolising the Crown he wore for us – again part of the ridicule of those who tortured him.
- Wednesday, 31st March 10.00 am Holy Communion
- Maundy Thursday 1st April 7 pm Holy Communion and an opportunity to share
- Good Friday 2nd April 2pm-3pm The Last Hour – special devotions for Christ’s last hour
Saturday – during the day children are welcome to egg roll and take part in the Treasure Hunt in church and outside St Luke’s. Please be careful on the path. There will be adult supervision for most of the time.
- 8 AM Holy Communion
- 10.00 AM CELEBRATE THE RISEN LORD! Service of Holy Communion.