Objectors’ flyer re Mount Pleasant proposal
Objectors to the proposed development by Mount Pleasant have produced this flyer to help residents comment on the application:
Information to help you register your objection before 5th June!
NEW Housing Application next to Mount Pleasant Park, Main Road.
Important: Planning information that will affect you, and our village!
ANOTHER NEW PLANNING APPLICATION FOR 25 HOUSES BEHIND MOUNT PLEASANT WITH ACCESS OFF MAIN ROAD / DROMEDARY LODGE LANE
You may recall a consultation evening held in the Village Hall on 29th January, where HOW Planning displayed their clients proposal for 25 new houses on the field on Dromedary Lane, next to Mount Pleasant. That evening, with an excellent turnout from concerned residents, developers were left in no uncertain terms that their plans for housing on this site were not welcomed, nor appropriate.
Regrettably, they have decided to continue to progress their plans anyway and have now submitted formal plans for planning permission.
What can you do?
With our village currently under constant attack by predatory developers, this submission further adds to the need for Goostrey residents to be united in saying “NO” to this planning application. The impact would be felt village wide and result in the loss of OUR open countryside. Please take a few minutes to help protect our village and register you objection to this unnecessary development. Cheshire East may agree Goostrey does not need any more new housing, but until their plan is accepted by central Government, we are still at risk!
Now it is the time to act and register your objection to the plans – the deadline for this is 5th June.
NOTE: Goostrey Parish Council met on 17th May and will also be objecting to this application.
How do I register my objection?
The best way is either online via Cheshire East planning – http://planning.cheshireeast.gov.uk
Select the planning application, using reference 14/1147C, and then “comment on this application”
If you prefer to write, your letter needs to quote reference 14/1147C and include your home address. Correspondence should be sent to: Head of Planning and Housing, Development Management, Town Hall, Macclesfield SK10 1DP
Due to the nature of the system, only written forms of objections count: either online or via post.
What reasons should I give for my objection?
All reasons have to be objective. Here are some you may wish to consider, please use as you require:
- The site is a field in OPEN countryside, is used and classed as agricultural land, and its development is NOT in accordance with Cheshire East Emerging Local Plan.
- Cheshire East has confirmed that it has a five year housing supply already, and this additional development is not required.
- Cheshire East have also confirmed that no more site allocations are required in Goostrey or Holmes Chapel as sufficient numbers have already been built or have permission already.
- Affordable housing already built in the last two years remains currently unsold.
- The application allows for 2 cars per household – or 50 extra cars plus extra traffic. Dromedary Lane and Main Road are not suitable for increased traffic, and is already the subject of near misses not to mention a busy walking route for schoolchildren.
- Jodrell Bank has repeatedly expressed concern over the gradual impact of development within their consultation area. Majority of key services also fall outside of recommendations.
- The design and type of housing is not in keeping with the area, and developing the currently agricultural site will ruin a much loved public footpath that provides immediate access to our unspoilt Cheshire countryside.
Andrew Lintell, Dromedary Lodge firstname.lastname@example.org
Jane Stubbs, The Old Barley House, 66 Main Rd email@example.com
Brian and Phyllis Philipson, The Old Shippon, 64 Main Rd firstname.lastname@example.org