Local lady Karen Brooke, enjoys cooking, and has given the readers of Love Goostrey this week some inspiration for a family meal, with her very own dish:
CHICKEN AND CHORIZO JAMBALAYA
A Cajun-inspired rice one pot recipe, with spicy Spanish CHORIZO sausage, sweet peppers and tomatoes. This dish is a super easy meal for around 4-5 people. It’s tasty, juicy,and filling. The Cajun spice is not too strong so children will enjoy it too. The meal can be prepared and served in less than forty five minutes and if made earlier can be reheated in the microwave.
2 chicken breasts cut into cubes.
1 ring of chorizo sliced
35mls chicken stock
1 red pepper thinly sliced
2 garlic cloves, chopped
1 onion diced
1 can chopped tomatoes
1 tbs olive oil
1 tbs Cajun seasoning
* Fry the chopped chicken for 5-8 mins and set aside.
* Fry the onion
* Add the pepper slices, garlic, chorizo and Cajun seasoning and cook for 5 mins.
* Swill the rice under the cold tap to remove any starch and add to the pan along with the chicken.
* Add the tomatoes and chicken stock
* Cover and cook gently for 20 mins or until the rice is tender.
Thank you for reading- there will be a new recipe coming up next week.